Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Road Well Worth the Journey!

Once again, I went to studying everything I could about the issues at hand and this time it was weight loss. I already knew how my body reacted to certain things so as I found steps that made sense for me and I would try them. For example, I had read that it is very good for your body if you don't eat anything after 7:00pm because the body goes into cleansing mode, which is very important for weight loss. I also read that if your body is trying to digest when it needs to be cleansing, then the cleansing can't be effective. The very first step I took was not eating anything after 7:00pm. In fact, I didn't drink anything but water after 7:00pm either. I lost between 10 and 15 pounds just doing this first step and it really made me feel better too. Don't get me wrong, it's not an easy step when you're stomach is growling and you're trying to sleep, but getting through the first 2 weeks was key. It wasn't nearly as hard after my body had gotten use to this step.
Taking one healthy step at a time made the journey a bit easier for me. It also helped me to make these steps part of my life instead of just part of a diet that would one day end. I want to stay healthy and attain more of my goals so I don't want to give up any ground I have covered thus far.

1 comment:

  1. it's 9:44pm and my tummy is growling.... I could eat everything in the house right now. HA! I'm not going to though.

    ReplyDelete